Hello, my father has Parkinson's and we are both on this list right now
(although we don't participate much). Anyways, I would like to help
out with anyone on developing a PD Homepage. I have quite a bit of experience
writing HTML (and even have my own homepage). I also have acess to a
scanner, CD ROM - Medline and numerous medical journals (everything the
University of Waterloo can offer). I am a student at waterloo (in engineering)
so my time is a little taxed, but I would be happy to join the effort.

I also have managed to set up Mosaic, ftp, Netscape, etc. on my father's
computer at home using a SLIP connection through the university. This was
pretty tricky stuff (since I only used freeware), but I would be happy to
help anyone with problems they might have setting this up.

While I am writing, I should mention that 2 1/2 weeks ago I went a Young
PD support group meeting in London Ontario. There was only a small group
there but it was very interesting. One thing I noticed was how informed I
was compared to the people with PD as a result of this list. Most of the
people there were unaware that this group existed, but were very
interested in what it had to offer. (Looking back I'm sure I looked a
little silly citing remedies to various concerns that each PD'er
had). I have offered to printout some of the discussions posted here, and
plan to bring them to the next meeting for the members to read. Thank you
for the insight.

 On Fri, 3 Mar 1995 [log in to unmask] wrote:

Thanks to the cooperation of the Department of Neurology, and specially to
> Dr. Anne Young (Chief of Neurology) there soon will be a WWW site devoted
> exclusively for the purpose of providing information about PD.
>

> 3) People who can format this material using HTML (Hypertext Markup
> Language). Please drop me a note so that I can send you material to work on.
>
> Thank you for your interest and your cooperation.
>
> Ken Bernstein
> Project Coordinator

[log in to unmask]                  | 'Canadian Club love, a place in the
Waterloo & Sombra, Ontario             |  country everyone is ideal'
http://csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/mjklomps/ |                        Roxy Music