Dear Barb and Significant Others:

Thanks for your welcoming to the PARKINSN list,i was certainly glad  to find
that such a thing existed.
     The first thing that i should bring to the groups attention is that ABC
Evening NEWS on wednesday evening,March 15,will be featuring pallidotomy
operations,as performed at Emory University in
Atlanta,Ga.I was talking to Jim Stanton from Emory today,he said that they
have performed 63 pallidotomies since Dec. of 1992.
     He and Dr.Richard Lahman,Neurosurgeon,from R.W.Johnson University,New
Jersey are each sending me pallidotomy information
packets.
     Graduate Hospital-Philadelphia,Dr.Ken Casey(not-Ben) is also
starting to perform pallidotomies this month.
     Concening myself, I am a retired AT&T Sr.Engineer-chemist who
can neither type or punctuate.I am chairman of the Lehigh Valley Parkinson
Support Group-Allentown & Bethlehem,Pa.
     My wife,Helen has had parkinson disease since 1988,but she is in great
shape to have had P.D. that long.I will have more to say about her case and
P.D. in the coming weeks.
     Even my 14 yr. old lhasa apso dog has a neurological problem
(neither he nor my wife ever smoked).He has degenerative myelopathy of the
spinal cord.Much like M.S.???Maybe i can get some free advice online from
neurologists and veterinarians.
     i must go i have an appointment with Mavis Beacon!

                          Don [log in to unmask]