Forwarded mwssage from [log in to unmask]
Dear list friends,

While it will be another 10 days before we return to Jerusalem,
some of you, no doubt, have been awaiting news of Aviva's
bilateral pallidotomy performed the afternoon of last Wed., March
1st. I am pleased to say that it went well and that Aviva and I
are now recuperating in the Canadian Gulf Islands. We are told
that Aviva will be doing little more than eating and sleeping for
the next while following her surgery, while she heals.

While still on the operating table, Aviva, in response to Dr.
Iacono's question, "How do you feel?," said she felt as though the
disease had left her body. Exteriorly, although she has other
neurological problems related to her Parkinson's stemming from
cerebellar atrophy, Aviva has gained much mobility and feels she
can definitely start driving her car again. With each day that
passes, Aviva feels herself getting stronger and is discovering
new degrees of freedom of movement that her pallidotomy now
affords her. She realizes that it will take some time to abandon
her self-image as a cripple and relearn normal muscular habits of
walking and moving and regain the use of muscles that have been
neglected through disuse.

I think I should say a word about Dr. Iacono's team and about Loma
Linda Medical Center in general. We were warmly welcomed upon
arriving and received close and considerate attention throughout
the process until the moment we left. Without asking, I was even
provided with progress reports throughout operation which helped
relieve the stress of waiting. During our stay, we found the
hospital facilities to be nothing less than impeccable. Our
physical and informational needs were met at every turn and, in
most cases, were anticipated by the staff.

We lodged across the way (about 100 yards) from the hospital
entrance, at the Clark House, which cost us a mere $35 per day
including a well-equipped kitchenette and all amenities. We found
the cafeteria facilities excellent and found no need to leave the
premises at any time. As promised, we were able to leave the
hospital the morning following the operation.

As many of you well know, Aviva and I ran a considerable gauntlet
of opposition that stood between us and this near miraculous
experience. We can now be added to the overwhelmingly positive
side of the ledger made up of those who can report a spectacularly
positive experience under Dr. Iacono's care. Aviva and I both feel
we can now lend support to Dr. Iacono's mind-boggling assertion
that, for many if not most Parkinsonians, it is no longer
necessary to suffer from the symptoms of this cruelly debilitating
disease.

On behalf of Aviva and myself, thank you for your prayers and good
wishes.

 Blessings to all,

David S. Devor

P.S. Persons interested in contacting Dr. Iacono should call Tony
Schoonenberg at (909) 478-8649
Uri

*** My Karma Ran Over my Dogma ***