Many thanks for the welcome!!

I am a native of North Carolina and am living in the cold north state of
Minnesota.

My mother (age 76) was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease four years ago.
She was at Stage II when diagnosed but, upon reflection, she was showing
symptoms for several years prior.  She is now at a Stage V, having
progressed very quickly.

I did a Veronica search for Parkinson* in late '94.  I was pleasantly
surprised to find a listserv.  I tried then to subscribe to the listserv but
was unsuccessful.  At the end of February, there was an article in the Wall
Street Journal reporting a surgery that somewhat successful.  That article
sparked my interest to try to subscribe once again.  Success!!

I do not believe my mother would be a candidate for this surgery.  At any
rate, she indicated several years ago that she was not interested in any
surgery.  But I'm looking for information about this disease and any helpful
hints that would support my father who is my mother's main care provider.

I will look at archived information and I look forward to receiving more
information.

Many thanks!
Lee Meyerson ([log in to unmask])