I'm writing for my mother who has been diagnosed with PD for about seven
years, but most certainly had symptoms before that.  She is 82, has lost
some strength lately so that walking with the lightweight walker is slow
business.  She has falls, difficulty getting in and out of bed, RLS,
speech is affected, eyesight, too (doctors say eyes don't work together
anymore, therefore double vision).  Takes Sinemet every 4.5 to 5 hours.
She can tell when she has missed her medication time, ability to move
around is quickly affected. Takes a yellow quick-acting Sinemet at 6:30am
to be able to get going, then 1 and one-half pink Sinement before getting
out of bed.  The rest of the day it's one pink Sinemet at her regular
dosage times.  She is very concerned about what can come next if the
Sinement should quit being effective.  Has anyone had experience with
Sinement becoming ineffective?  If so, what's next?