     Hi,

     I have been lurking this board for a few weeks now (since
     the WSJ article) and I'm moved by people's comments and
     excited by the possibilities here.  I've been sending the
     daily digests to my parents, who are, well, computer-free.

     My father, age 67, has had the symptoms of Parkinson's for
     the last 2 years, steadily getting worse.  Specifically, he
     has intense rigidity, a very stooping posture, the small
     steps, and some (but not overwhelming) hand shaking. He also
     gets very tired easily and he is losing his eyesight
     (although opthamologists say his eyesight is fine).   He has
     been diagnosed not with PD, but with Parkinson's Syndrome,
     which is supposedly different.  Is there anyone else out
     there who has heard this diagnosis?  He was on L-dopa for
     about 3 weeks with no response.  He was also on and off
     sinemet and eldipril for a while with no response.
     Currently he's not on any medication.  Has anyone had
     similar experiences ?

     Thanks,
                  -- Howard Koster ([log in to unmask])