To:[log in to unmask]

I read your posting on the PDlist asking what you can do to  further the Udall
 Bill and I
have the following suggestion. But first let me say to all those on
the list that I'm suprised that there is not morer activity on this
list re this legislation.  I hope you all are actively writing
everyone you can think of to have them inform there legislators of
the importance of   this legislation.  For those of us who have
Parkinson's this vould make all the difference as it would increase
Federal funding over 6 times in 3 years from $30 million to  $200
nilliion.  I wish you could have seen the principal Parkinson's
researcher I work with at Pitt when I told him of this legislation.
His positiion has always been that there is  no shortage of avenues
which need to be explor ed but only a shortage of funds

Lets get this bill passed and cure Parkinsons so we do not have to
discuss pallidotomies,  Blue glasses, constipation ect.  I'd like to
see the day soon when we can disband this list becauuse we have
cuured Parkinsons.  The neurologists think we are close. Let;s get
them the money!
 There seem to be 3 people/organizations actively lobbying
Congress for passage of this bill.  They are:

 Joan Samuelson
 ParkinsonAEs Action Network
 822 College  Ave. Suite C
 Santa Rosa, CA 95404
 800-850-4726

 Paul Smedberg
 American ParkinsonAEs Disease Association
 807 South Alfred St. #2
 Alexandra, VA 22314

 Joanne Nelson
 Wellness Interaction Network
 6245 Balboa Blvd. Suite 382
 Encino, CA 91316

 I'm in Pittsburgh and have been very active locally in contacting our
 legislators.  My pitch
is two fold:

 1) The neurologist seem to agree that we are very close to at least another
 major
breakthrough if not cure.

 2) The $200 million cited in the Udall Bill is cost effective as PD is
 currently estimated
to cost $6 billion with a "B" per year.  To spend $200 million for 5-7 years to
 save $6
billion is cost effective.  That Americans don't want "slash and burn" budget
 cutting but
rather would be happy if a descriptor such as cost effective were used rather
 than some of
the words currently being used to describe our government.

 There is a conference  May 15-17 in DC aimed at teaching participants how to
 impact
Congress, the White House and NIH on Parkinson's Disease legislation
and funding.