Hi,

about the next step. I'm 55, diagnosed 10 years ago, and plan to use sinemet
successfully for the foreseeable future.  The trick is to combine it with
"helper{" drugs that enable us to take less sinemet and therefore play down
the side effects.  I used to take parlodel, which for me had limited
usefulness, and am now on a trial drug, pramipexole, which looks promising.
 Others on the Net have written about other drugs being researched, and many
use Eldepryl successfully.  Talk to your Mom's  doctor about prescribing
supplemental medications, as sinemet is the most effective and you'll want to
prolong its usefuolness.