To: Barbara Patterson

Thanks Barb for bringing the issue of the pallidotomy info requests up front.
 I get 3 - 5 requests per day for some type of information on the surgery.  I
have been collecting all the material on the server and other places  to
consolidate anecdotal postings as well as scientific postings.  I also receive
 a copy of almost every published article on the subject.  I would be willing
to be a contact for those requesting information.

I agree with your observation concerning the computer literacy of the
members.  Even though I have been involved with computers all my life, I do
not "browse" the Internet and have never tried World Wide Web.  I can get
information overload often enough from this list server.

If others also volunteer to do this service, great.  I will work with them on
any material they feel they need to present a picture of "guarded optimism"
with this procedure.

PS: With membership increasing at the rate it is, the work for youmust be
stressful.  We all appreciate what you do.  Thanks.

Regards,
Alan Bonander ([log in to unmask])