     I would like to introduce myself to the list.  I am currently employed
     as a reseacher with our provincial health department where I primarily
     conduct studies related to health service utilization and
     epidemiology.  I have published a few papers on the epidemiology of
     Parkinson's.

     Currently I am working on two Parkinson's projects. The first will
     compare the use of health services (physician and hospital) among a
     group of Parkinson patients with the use of age and sex matched
     controls.  This project will allow us to see the impact of Parkinson's
     on the health care system and will provide practitioners with
     information to assist in developing management/treatment programs.

     The second project involves an examination of prescription drug use
     among Parkinson's patients.  Information on all prescription drug use
     will be collected and this data will be linked with health care
     utilization data.  This project will allow us to examine drug
     interactions, polypharmacy and adverse reactions related to drug
     interactions.  We hope to be able to develop guidelines to assist
     practitioners in their prescribing patterns.  Both of these projects
     are in the beginning stages so I can't report on any results yet, but
     hope to in a few months.

     Larry Svenson
     Population Health Information
     Health Policy Development Branch