 Good morning to Claudia and Joanna. Your questions are answered below

A.Don, How bad were your symptoms before you started PD medications?  Claudia

I guess that they were classic for early stage PD: significant right-hand
tremor ( couldn't hold a phone  or newspaper usefully steady), low blink
rate, hand writing went from lousy to illegible, early stages of festination,
some loss of balance when making sharp turns, etc. The outward symptoms were
more obvious to others than to me ( or maybe than I was willing to admit to),
causing friends to comment to my wife about the changes in my behaviors.

B.Tell us more about Pramipexol.  I don't remember seeing this name before.
(Joanna)

I hope that I didn't mislead you by my misspelling, I forgot to type the
final "e' in pramipexole. I really know little technical about it: its
chemical composition or structure or its pharmacology (other than it is a
dopamine agonist). What prompted me to mention it were the two references to
pramipexole in e-mails to the list on 03-12-95 by  Pat Schark
<[log in to unmask]> and Karen Lee <[log in to unmask]>. For me it has been the "magic
bullet". During the double-blind part of the trial my condition slowly, but
markedly deteriorated (a placebo user?). Within a week of receiving the "real
stuff" on the open label phase my PD symptoms began to rapidly abate. Today
all that remains is a very infrequent and small right-hand tremor( this
assumes that the deterioration of my golf game is unrelated to PD).

Don H