More Udall bill info:

Got a call from the aide who is specifically assigned to this bill.
Here are my notes from the call.

She says the bill will be reintroduced "before April."  They are
currently working on revamping some of the language in the
appropriations section of the bill.

Had a long discussion about the fragmentation of PD organizations
and how it dilutes the effectiveness of the cause.

She said that they are optimistic about SOME of this bill only because
there seems to be some grass roots support for it.  VERY IMPORTANT.
Letters and FAXES make a big impression!

I will meet with her personally on Friday to discuss this issue further.

Aside:  I am concerned that this bill might get associated with the
"fetal tissue issue," as an excuse for denying appropriations.  Any
ideas on how to defuse this if it arises?
.