>More pallidotomy follow-up:
>
>After pallidotomy I understand that some patients go through a period of
>what might be thought of as depression. (It doesn't respond to antidepres-
>sants and resolves spontaneously over a period of several months, I am told.)
>Thus, some people do not dramatically improve in their acitvity during
>this period of --what most describe as--profound tiredness.  Their PD is
>often better by their own and their physician's estimates during this period.
>
>Have others heard of similar responses to pallidotomy?
>
>RE: Pallidotomy depression feedback.  I had a pallidotomy proceedure done
on my right side 2 months ago Jan. 11th.  I consider the results very
promising, however, I am experiencing what I guess is depression and have
been for the last 45 days.  Extremely tired by noon and progesses as the day
goes on.  It's all I can do to stay at work.  I have also experienced panic
anxiety which was an intirly new experience for me.

Gary D. Crowe
Grandview, WA
INTERNET <[log in to unmask]>