To Anyone. I had hip replacement surgery twice in the past year.  The first
was a standard titanium joint, which began dislocating after two months due
to dyskensias.  The second was a captured cup type, which has held now for
three months, and feels more stable.
      I am 52 years old, and have had a slowly progressive case of PD since
age 35 .  I have been in good health, and able to lead my normal life pretty
much.  In the last year I developed some kind of acute inflamatory condition
in the joint ending in aceptic necrosis of the femoral head.
     I have searched for YPD's who have had  hip replacements with no luck.
 I'd really like to hear from anyone who knows about this, and has experience
with the rehabilitation process.  My muscles are quite atrophied after four
months in a huge brace.  My strength is slowly coming back--but very slowly,
and I'm always afraid it will start to dislocate again, despite the captured
cup.  These weakened muscles overreact to the PD meds. and I have trouble
with dyskenesia and dystonia in the hip when the rest of my body is fine.
      Thanks for any info. you might have.   Claudia