Dear Melony,
I have had the same questions about Sinament for my
partner. She has had radical back surgery and she is in a
great deal of pain, so she shuffles when she walks and she
stoops. There was also, apparently, some ratcheting in one
arm, but as far as I can tell that was the only clear
symptom of something like PD.
She had a stroke two weeks ago (very high blood pressure),
but even when we got the blood pressure down she still
seemed very confused and unstable. We got a new
doctor--who knew her before all this started and knew that
she was more than "a little old lady to whom such things
happen." He took her off the Sinamet (at my urging)
because he agreed that it might be causing problems and
that it didn't seem warranted at this early stage (I know,
that's controversial, too.) But my big point is that
within 48 hours of stopping Sinament she is more alert,
speaks more clearly and easily, and is generally feeling
less anxious about the whole business.
I know that Sinament can be a lifesaver for some, but it
is pretty heavy stuff, and I think maybe giving it very
early may not be such a hot idea.

Judith A Guttman                        "...we are wound
Washington DC                   with mercy round and round
[log in to unmask]         as if with air" -- Hopkins