This is in reply to Dar Newman's question asking if anyone knew of a link
between a woman's monthly cycle and a worsening of PD symptoms.  I participated
in a study being done by a graduate student at the University of Pennsylvania
Graduate Hospital in Philadelphia, PA.  She was basically doing a simple
questionairre to address the link between the two, which no one it seems has
seriously bothered to look at before, and was finding that most women noticed a
worsening of symptoms the week before their period.  Some of her questions
dealt with one's sexual activity as well, and she found that some women were
reluctant to discuss that topic.  Right off I don't recall her name, nor do I
know what final conclusions she was able to come up with, but if anyone would
like to check into it further, the phone number for the PD center there where
this study was done is 215-893-2440.  I participated in this study I think last
summer/spring and the girl who was conducting the study was a graduate student
(from Israel I believe) at U of Penn, and was actually in another department
than neurology.  That may help them know what you're referring to if you call.
Good luck.  Next time I go down there, I'll try to remember to follow up myself
on her study results and post them here, unless someone beats me to it!  Wendy
Tebay