>Jim,

I saw your message about efforts to persuade your dad to go to Barrows for
a second opinion.  I'm in a similar situation; my mom is in Phoenix, and I
would like for her to be evaluated there, too.  I have wrote to Barrows a
couple of weeks ago, but have not yet received a response.  Have you been
in contact with a particular physician there? If so, what's been your
experience?

I appreciate any advice you may have.  Good luck with your dad.

Elaine Madison ([log in to unmask])

My wife Kathi's father was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 1991.  He is
>69 years old now.  He is under a neurologist's care in a suburb of Detroit,
>Michigan.  We are trying to convince him to go to the Barrow's Institute in
>Pheonix, AZ for a second opinion.  We are also looking for more information
>on the Pallidotomy (sp?) surgical procedure and patient pre-surgical
>requirements.
>
>Jim Mitchell ([log in to unmask])
>Kathi Mitchell ([log in to unmask])
>
>PS We also tried to access your gopher server via America Online  but got
>internet messages that stated that your documents were empth?  Your problem
>or AOL's?

Elaine Madison
Director, Community Service Center
(919) 684-4377