Hello Claudia,

to your question what I've found about the etiology of PD thusfar: I have
especially been looking at the possible neurotoxic effects of oxidative
stress and free radicals and the role of low molecular brain iron in
animal models, which - different to the former known neurotoxins in
animals, induce a progressive loss of neurons. It is not yet clear, where
the excessive iron comes from, but it could possibly be there due to
alterations in intracerebral iron metabolism.

Some research on possible therapeutic relevance of these findings is being
performed, but I don't think it has come to the stage of clinical trial
yet.

I do not have insight in all the research in general, as I am only a small
part of the worldwide net of PD researchers.

Yours,

Stephan

--
Stephan Blaschke                              Fido-Net: 2:2457/630.5
Gebr.-Plitt-Str. 58                           Internet: [log in to unmask]