     Hi to all-----
     I have an inquiry on behalf of my father who has PD.

     My father is currently taking Senemet & Eldepryl.  He began taking
     several nutrient supplements, namely GABA (gamma-amino butyric acid)
     and L-Glutamic acid (amino acid).  According to PRESCRIPTION FOR
     NUTRITIONAL HEALING by Dr. James Balch and his wife Phyllis, the GABA
     functions "as a neurotransmitter in the central nervous system by
     stabilizing neuron activity", while the L-Glutamic "improves nerve
     impulse transmission".

     Does anyone have any experience with these? Could these be harmful to
     a PD patient taking the above mentioned medicines?  Thanks for your
     replies, and I realize that this is chit-chat, not medical advice.  He
     is curious beyond what his doctor knew about it.

     Joel Cooper
     Nashville, TN USA