Kathimitch:

In regards to getting a second opinion. My mother, 74 years old and diagnosed
8 + years ago, began to deteriorate quite rapidly after her husband (my
father) passed away after a short fight with cancer.  Her doctor showed very
little compasion for her loss and subsequent worsening.  After several
attempts, my brother, sister and I were finally able to convince her to
change doctors.  Her new doctor (Methodist - Twin Cities MN) has her "feeling
better than I have in a long time" (her words yesterday).

She lives alone and is still able to take care of herself.  We can only pray
that she can get along until some new "miracle" comes along. For some, that
miracle may be the paladotomy.   God Bless!