The following is a memo from Parkinson's Action Network to PD organizations
nationwide.

If you belong to any type of PD organization please pass this information on
to them ASAP, in case they are not on our list already. If there are any
questions just let me know.

MEMORANDUM

TO:  Parkinson's organizations
FROM:     Joan I. Samuelson
DATE:     March 27, 1995
RE:  Udall Parkinson's Research and Education Act

     Following you will find the near-final draft of the Morris K. Udall
Parkinson's
Research and Education Act, as it will be re-introduced by Senator Mark
Hatfield.  This draft
will be finalized early this week, and the Senator would like to re-introduce
the bill on
Thursday, April 6.

     Senator Hatfield would like to show solid support for the bill from the
nationwide
Parkinson's community.  We would appreciate a letter of support for the bill
from your
organization, which the Senator will place in the Congressional Record for
April 6, the date
of introduction.  Please send the letter to him at the following address, to
the attention of
Megan Sexauer.  (Given the short time frame, it might also be best to fax it
to her also.)
(Please send us a copy as well.)

          Senator Mark Hatfield
          United States Senator
          711 Hart Senate Office Building
          Washington, D.C. 20510
          FAX: (202)224-0276

     If by chance you plan to be in the Washington area on April 6, please
let us know, as
the Parkinson's Action Network will sponsor a breakfast at the Capitol on
that morning in
honor of the bill's introduction.  Let me know if you want further
information on this event.

     Thanks for your help.  If you have any questions, let us know.

Sheila Heath
PAN Administrator