Hi Sid,
     Hear, hear.  I want to second your remarks. I've had PD for 18 years,
since age 35, and my case has progressed  very gradually.  During this time I
have lost several functions which with sensory awareness and attention I have
been able to regain.  For years I had great difficulty writing and had to
stop playing piano altogether.  Now I write as well as ever, and my piano
playing is almost the same.  I have been able to regain a sense of rhythm,
and have pretty well gotten past speech and cognitive difficulties, as long
as I get enough  rest, exercise, and manage my medication  carefully.  Keep
up the good work.             Claudia