     Barbara suggested that I might like to introduce myself to the list.

     My name is Bob Archer, I live in Leicester in the UK. My mother has
     Parkinson's and has just (last week) had the first pallidotomy in the
     UK. It's still early days but the operation seems to have improved her
     walking slightly - she now only requires guidance rather than actual
     support but her speech has been badly affected. Her speech was not
     good before the operation but is now almost completely
     incomprehensible. I am told that her speech should improve with
     therapy - perhaps someone else on the list can comment on this.

     Bob Archer ([log in to unmask])