Beginning March 31st, consisting of 3 seperate programs, Public Television
is broadcasting an Innovation Miniseries titled "People in Motion".  Within
this particular miniseries, advances that help bring new independence to
people who are disabled is examined.  Basically it involves the ways new
technologies, advances in medical science and change in personal attitudes
alter society's notion of physical disability.
Included in one of the programs, I believe the third one (airing 4/14, check
local listings) deals with a fellow named Tom who has PD, who uses Virtual
Reality in some way or another for help.  Basically the final program of the
series deals with space-age technologies.  It appears to be an interesting
program series.  It appears it is slated to air at 9pm on these 3
consecutive fridays, 3/31, 4/7, and 4/14.
If anyone would like more info on these particular segments, I have a
breakdown of each one.