You wrote:

>Greetings, all.
>
>Regarding the two operations, which is considered better when tremor is
the
>major symptom?  I am 27 and i have tremor in my left arm and a slight
>tremor beginning in my right.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Jeffrey

Jeffrey:  Thalamotomy is the operation which has a track record of
relieving tremor.  This observation goes back to the sixties and is well
supported in the literature.  The effects are often temporary (a few
years).  This, of course, is assuming that the symptoms are resistant to
the drug therapy.

Best,

Bob

--

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S.   Phone: 510-849-2555
Neurological Surgery              FAX:  510-849-2557

E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
CompuServe:  72303,3442
America Online:  BobFink          "Ex Tristitia Virtus"