I saw the episode you mentioned on Chicago Hope.  Both my wife and I saw it.
Our first reaction was that we hoped my mother-in-law, who has PD, didn't see
it. She is in her 70s and also a very strong Catholic.  She prides herself in
being a grand and great grandmother.  I'm not so sure about any "advertising"
being good advertising.  I've watched a couple of episodes of that show and
can totally understand why ER is ahead of it in the ratings.  If it were a
real hospital they'd probably be closed down by now from all the malpractice
suits.  Only an opinion.....