> Boehringer Ingelheim is conducting blind tests in Canada on a new drug
> PRAMIPEXOLE. Results should be coming in shortly.

Thanks for reminding me.  There have been some positive accounts
posted on this net re this drug (a dopamine agonist) by people here
in the US who have been involved in testing it.

I call the Upjohn Co. a couple of days ago to see what its status
it (hoping I might be included in the testing), and here is what
they told me:

They concluded "phase 3" of their testing at the end of 1994.  The
drug looks promising in the treatment of early PD.  They will be
evaluating the studies and possibly be submitting a NDA (New Drug
Application) by the end of 1995.

From there, it goes to FDA for approval.  The public relations person
I spoke with estimated it would by 1997 (or late 1996) before this
drug would be marketable here.

Margaret Monty                         [log in to unmask]