A thought:

this Exchange never ceases to amaze me at the information, resources,
support, advice, shared hopes, comforting of fears, frank discussion of
 issues, and (dare I say it?) love that can be found here.

A thank you, to Howard Koster:

Many thanks for your tip (3-29) on "Access Pack for Windows" (subtitled
"Access via Keyboard, Mouse and Communication or Computer Access Aids for
Individuals with Disabilities".  I called the Microsoft Download Service
number you gave, had the file downloaded in less than a minute, decompressed
the files therein using the utility provided with the download, printed out
the 26 page instruction manual, and am now engaged in reading through that
and deciding which features to use.

To all:

Examples of the features available from this program are:

     (1)  the "StickyKeys Feature", which allows people who must type with
one finger (or mouthstick or headstick) to be able to use SHFT, CTRL and ALT
keys,

     (2) the "Keyboard Response Features (SlowKeys, RepeatKeys and
BounceKeys", which slows down or turns off the standard key-repeat feature,
and/or changes how long you have to hold the keys down to get a response, and

     (3) the "MouseKeys Feature", which allows people who cannot use a mouse
or trackball to control the cursor by using the numeric keypad instead for
cursor movement.

Some of these features will be of great value to those like myself who have
deteriorating coordination in one (or both) hands, causing, instead of one
space or letter, 25 or 50 spaces or letters to suddenly appear due to "heavy
fingers"

Best regards,

Larry Allen