Date: Fri, 31 Mar 1995 01:09:03 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Welcome

Barbara,  Many thanks for you helpful messages - there is much for me to
learn there!  Tomorrow I go to take a course to improve my knowledge of this
wonderful comunication network.

I am a retired Doctor who has suddenly taken on a very keen interest in
Parkinson's and only now realize how little I know about this illness.  But I
have learned a lot and have spoken to authorities such as the Neuro-Surgical
 Department of the University of Washington and doctors in the Mayo Clinic.
 I have a comprehensive article from the British Medical Journal on the drug
treatment for this condition.  To me the exchange of information is the most
important thing we can do and you have started a channel whereby we may be
able to do this.  I am particularly interested in the surgical aproach to
treatment and have spoken to several of those who have had this done.  But
the recent coverage by the New York Times suggests horific complications.  I
seek the real facts but this is not easy.  It is through peole such as
yourself that perhaps we might find some sliver of truth.  Good luck to you
in your project.  I will be in touch later.

Regards and best wishes John.