Roberta,

I agree with Doug that a specific disciplinary link is not necessarily a
crucial or even desirable feature for a WAC program, but as Cathy and Doug
and others are arguing it is crucial to have the support/interest of some key
faculty preferably from across several disciplines (i.e., respected,
influential faculty) and administration.  I guess
part of your problem is that the latter group is difficult to convince?  Is
anyone from administration "on side"?

I'd be interested to know more about the arguments or rationales that
your group is presenting for
setting up a WAC program, and then what kinds of counter-arguments or
objections you are receiving (one of which is obviously $).

Philippa