I seem to be hearing/seeing a lot of interest in WAC in the Canadian
context.  In particular, I seem to be hearing/seeing a lot of interest in
the political difficulties and solutions associated with WAC in the
Canadian context.  I think we do have a very different context in Canada
in that first year comp courses are not prevalent here.  This is both in
my view a blessing and a hinderance.  It is a blessing because we have
not bought as much as the American academy did into contentless writing
programmes.  It's a hinderance because as a consequence we also lack a
large body of people who have developed exerptise in the area.

So I am right on this?  Can I go ahead and create a CALL for PAPERS for
the 96 cccc exploring the academic politics of WAC in the Canadian context?

And what would people prefer--a forum or a panel?  Possibly though that
decision would depend on how many responses that I get.

If i get a somewhat resounding response (an example of Canadian rhetoric)
on this issue, then a Call will go out early next week.

Please, too, if there are other possibilities, let's hear them.

Cathy SChryer