If I can remember our agreement clearly (and I was hungry and tired at
the time), it went like this.

1. I agreed to arrange a Canadian sponsored panel--in this case a forum.

2. We agreed, too, to turn the Special Interest Canadian Caucus into a
meeting.  And I think we agreed to discuss there any issues related to
the Candian Caucus as well as to turn the Special Interest meeting into
a far more social event then it has been in the past.
So I don't think you need speakers so much as convenors or
facilitators--maybe the people who represent different interest groups in
Canada.  For example, it would be good to get an overview of what's
happening in publication--so we could hear from Henry Hubert and also
from Stan Straw. We might also hear from a representative of the CATTW as
to what is happening with Technostyle and that organization in general. I
would also like to hear what is happening on the Writing Centre front.  I
know Kathy Mcmanus put together a newsletter on Writing Centres, and
getting a sense of what is happening would be useful for me.

So the Special Interest meeting could be a great information exchange
event as well as a way to set up the next year's sponsored panel. And I
personally think it should be a social event as well--some organizations
actually arrange for a gathering just after their official meeting. We
could pay a bit extra for those who are interested.

Anthony, please let me know if I got this right  or not.