>Hi..just want to clarify matters:  the Forum that Cathy is proposing is
>different from the usual Canadian caucus right?  Anthony sent me the forms
>for the caucus, which I will send to CCC, but we need "volunteers" to speak
>there as well...the form asks for 3 speakers with an abstract of their talk.
> Anthony, can I send the form in, with the talks "to be filled in later"??

Mary-Louise: The Canadian Caucus (CC) "proposal" needs only one name -
a contact person or Chair - and only the brief paragraph I sent
you, a paragraph that in large part was handed down to me by Jim Reither
when I took over as INKSHED editor. You don't need abstracts. We are
virtually assured a Caucus session, and we can do anything we want at
that session (although being Canadian, we'll surely do nothing improper
- unless it involves Spaniards and fish; now doesn't that conjure up all
sorts of strange and interesting possibilities). We talked at CCCC this
year about using half the 1996 Canadian Caucus session for "business,"
which probably means planning for 1997, and half for socializing, with
or without Spaniards or fish. So, the York editorial collective should
insert a name and send the CC form off. The session that Cathy is
proposing will have Canadian content and presenters, but must enter
the competition for program space like every other proposal. Okay?
Anthony.