We really need some new designations. I've just read Cathy's note and I
would like to clarify my own previous posting. The Canadian Caucus is,
as Cathy pointed out, a SIG - Special Interest Group - and as such will
be included on the program immediately (new SIGs must make a case for
themselves, but old SIGs are automatically accepted). In the past, there
were SIG-sponsored sessions, and these also were more or less assured of
a place on the program and were listed as, for example, a "Canadian
Caucus-sponsored session." This is no longer the case. Cathy and crew
will be making a Forum proposal and it will be treated like every other
proposal. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong, Cathy), they will
not refer to their proposal as sponsored by the Canadian Caucus.
Now, what we do during the Canadian Caucus meeting is up to us, and we
may want to consider the suggestions that Cathy made. As she indicated,
the CC group at this year's CCCC agreed to split our time (1 or 1-1/4
hour) between business and socializing. I'd suggest that we leave the
preparation of the agenda and the initial planning for the socializing
up to the current INKSHED editors (sorry folks). They can wait until
the pre-CCCC newsletter to make a call for agenda items (and they can
add those items to Cathy's suggestions) and they can ask for volunteers
to organize the social stuff (Doug Vipond is very good at that sort
of work). I hope this bossy note has clarified things.
Anthony