I have mixed feelings about the gossip function of computer bulletin
boards, so when Anthony came back up as a topic of discussion for the
second time in a month, I cringed a little. For those on the inside, I
suppose gossip has community enhancing possibilities (a bit of
light-hearted Burkean consubstantiality), but for outsiders or newcomers
it can have the opposite effect. Anyhow, that's the critical part of my
message; here's the rest:

Given Anthony's obvious popularity among inkshedders, is it not time that
he be marketed on a broader scale?  His scholarly persona could certainly
add prestige to BIC pens ("I give straight-A's to BIC!"), his wholesome
good nature could be a boon to sales of Kraft cheese ("Nothing makes my
writing smoother than the fresh taste of Velveeta.") and his impressive
good looks would be a sure-fire hit in a pair of Stanfields ("Every writer
needs some support.") I can see it now:  a picture on the cover of Rolling
Stone, guest appearances on David Letterman, heck maybe even a CD! The
possibilities are endless. . .

Meanwhile the royalties would roll in to CASLL.  Imagine the
possibilities for a social at the CCCC Canadian Caucus session!  The
Americans would be storming the doors to catch a glimpse of Prof. Pare
(and to eat free cheese)!

Anthony, if you need an agent. . .