    I am leading a WAC Workshop for UNBSJ faculty, from 8 P.M. Wed.
night, May 10th through 2 P.M. Friday, May 12th, in St.Andrew's N.B.,
about one and a half hours from Saint John.  We received "Innovation
Fund" money for this workshop; the money goes for room and board,
etc. but cannot go towards paying anyone to lead it(hence I'm not
screaming for you pros out there to come quickly!).
    Some excerpts from the notice;
            "During the workshop, each participant will work on
redesigning one course for the 1995-96 academic year, with the goal
of incorporating more writing into the syllabus."
            "...interdisclinary dialogue focused on writing"
            "...discussion not only of practical choices but also of
the bases for these choices"
            "...providing the opportunity for faculty to experiment
with new ways of using writing, supported by their colleagues"
    We have had one-day and half-day workshops, but never this kind
of retreat-type of workshop.
    So far we have faculty coming from Sociology, Biology,Nursing,
Classics, Education, Business, English, French, possibly Political
Science and Math.  We probably won't have more than 12, plus three
Writing Lab staff.
    I need all the suggestions I can get on how to run the thing!
                Thanks!  Roberta Lee