Roberta,
It's hard for me to answer your post -- since what you are describing
sounds like several weeks of intensive work.

If you haven't already done so I would begin by asking for sample syllabi
-- those which people already have developed.  and then I would develop
workshops around those syllabi.

There's lots of ways to begin--for example a workshop on how to  include
ungraded writing, workshops on developing short, parallel assignments,
workshops on developing longer, interconnected assignments.

I spent a whole day at Windsor working on the integration of writing in
larger classes.  That whole day though took about a week and a half to
plan and develop.

Cathy Schryer