     Sorry about the delay in getting this to the list. For those who
     didn't see my previous postings, my mother had a pallidotomy 3 weeks
     ago.

     I last saw her on Sunday. Her speech is improving but it's a very slow
     process. Her main means of communication is using a letter board
     (which also includes some common words). This is slow but it usually
     gets the message across.

     Her control is making more progress. The reduced 'twitching' has
     helped her walking - she now only needs guiding rather than
     supporting. She is also helping to feed herself.

     Speech therapy and physiotherapy are now under way.

     Bob Archer ([log in to unmask])