> Hello,
>

> My name is Graeme Dixon and I am a new member to the list as of yesterday.
> My primary interst in belonging to the list is that I am a research
> psychologist who has carried out research on Parkinsons disease in the past
> and I am in the process of developing a follow up study .
>
> My original research looked at the incidence of Parkinsons disease in my
> immediate geographical area ( i.e. Dunedin and the surrounding environs) and
> then assessed all cases for medications, stress of carer, incidence of
OB> depression in the Parkinsons patient, levels of activity and a complete
> medical review. If som sort of intervention was needed this was implemented
> and then patient and carer were reassessed at a later date. Some of this has
> been published, most of it waits to be published. I am now planning a
> follow-up study to  find out what has happened to these people in the six
> years since they were reviewed.
>
> Although this is an area of interest my 'other' job involves woking as a
> behavioural scientist at the School of Dentistry at the University of Otago!
>
> Graeme
>
> Graeme Dixon
> Community Dental Health
> PO Box 647
> Dunedin
> New Zealand

  Dear Graeme,

I'm a PD sufferer living in Melbourne and am active in the Parkinson's Disease
Association of Victoria.  I've have been publishing the newsletter over the
past five months and have published a request from Fiona Sweeney from Deakin
University, School of Psychology for people to participate in a study
investigating the relationship between depression and Parkinson's Disease.  She
is specifically interested in investigating the factors which may contribute to
the development or absence of depression in Parkinsons Disease sufferers.
It might be interesting if you two could share some information and research
results.  She is at Deakin University, Faculty of Health a Kate
Moore on (03)244-5213.
Apparently, she is doing a Masters of Clinical Psychology and is being
supervised by Dr. Moore.
Good luck with your research
Celia Jones

Sciences, School of Psychology.  Her contact person is Dr. Kate Moore on
(03)244-5213.