My uncle has been diagnosed with PD, and he has asked me to find out for him
about treatments:

I know nothing yet about PD, and I appreciate any help.  To begin my search I
have few questions which will probably need  long answers.

1) What Drugs are there for treatment?
        - Baclofen
        - Baclofen + Alieve(Naprosyn)
        - Levodopa
        - Deprenyl(Eldepryl)
        - Lazebemide
        - Tolcapone
        - Carbidopa (Sinemet, Atament)
        - Dopamin Agonists:
                * Bromocriptine (Parlodel)
                * Pergolide
                * Cabergoline
                * Rapinerole
                * Pramipexole
        - CNTF?

2) I need information about the PD surgeries:
          - Fetal tissue transplant
          - Adrenal Transplant
          - Pallidotomy
          - Thalamotomy

   Especially full address of hospitals, good doctors names, and cost.
        Is there other surgeries used for PD.
        NOTE: what I need is the address of those hospital who can accept
        patient who want to do the surgery without legal/moral problems (fetal/USA),
        waiting lists, or being accepted for surgery base on their research grant.

3) whay drug/surgery is used to deal with each of the four major symptoms:
        a) tremor
        b) muscle stiffness/rigidity
        c) slowness of movement
        d) difficulty with balance and walking

        Is there other symptoms associated with PD

Thank you very much for your help.

Ghassan,

      _/_/_/_/  _/_/_/_/        GHASSAN ABBAS, SENIOR SOFT. ENG.
     _/          _/_/           SPARC INTERNATIONAL
    _/_/_/_/    _/_/            535 MIDDLEFIELD RD #210, MENLO PARK, CA 94025
         _/    _/_/             TEL  : 415-321-8699-228     FAX: 415-321-8015
  _/_/_/_/  _/_/_/_/            INTERNET E-MAIL: [log in to unmask]
                                WWW: http://www.sparc.com/abbas.html

"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine