> Date:    Wed, 5 Apr 1995 19:19:18 -0400
> From:    Margaret Monty <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: "assist" for Windows "mousing"
>
> > We had an odd problem with the larger screens: ergonomically,
> > (according to our friendly neighborhood industrial hygenicist) your eyes
> > are supposed to be level with the upper part of the screen, so that you
> > look across and maybe down but not up. This is particularly important for
> > people who wear bifocals.  Mother is so short that we couldn't get the
> > table down low enough without messing up her kneeroom!
> >
> Another suggestion:  I placed a shorter table beside my desk (similar to a
> typing "return" table), and put the monitor there.  The keyboard/mouse are
> on the desk, and the CPU is underneath.  The upper part of the screen is now
> slightly below eye level, with the lower part just at the level of the desk.
> This also keeps the monitor a reasonable distance away from the body.  This
> arrangement means having to turn the head or body toward the monitor,

We had already moved the CPU.  It seems that twisting the body for a long
time would also be unergonomic.

> but if
> space permits, a high table forward, low table behind might also work.

That would work, I think.  It turned out that M. was happiest with a
smaller monitor and big fonts.  She prefers to have only one window up
at a time.

> Look forward to hearing from your mother here!

She's the elder Mrs. Immega, actually, and you will probably hear from
her -- she's really getting into this computer stuff.

---
Usual disclaimers, vis a vis opinions, use and attribution thereof!

Inda Immega, Pecten International Co.                   [log in to unmask]
======C=o=m=p=u=t=e=r===A=i=d=e=d===I=n=t=e=r=p=r=e=t=a=t=i=o=n=======