Charlie,

I am now 48, was diagnosed with PD 13yrs ago, initially taking
just Symetrell.  About 18 months later started Sinemet, 10/100.
Like you I didn't see a dramatic change, except in freeing up my
handwriting.  I had hit  and miss bouts of nausea with the
10/100, never actually vomited, but would get the cold sweats and
get right to brink, then it would pass. I found splitting dose
around a glass of milk with toast, donut, cookies etc. helped.

Over the next few years I gradually went up to Sinemet
25/250("Blue Bastards") and for about 2 years, the second one of
the day would incapacitate me  for about 10 minutes with waves of
nausea and cold sweats, again I never actual got sick.  Again
splitting dose  around food helped, but did not eliminate
problem. Time helped, and then when Parlodel(now Permax) and
Eldepryl were added to my "stew", Sinemet dose went down to
25/100 and I can't remember ever getting nauseated since.

I had what must have been "smell hallucinations" for about 6-9
months when I first started taking Eldepryl.  Suddenly I
constantly smelled "old sneaker" or "gym locker" odor. I  was
convinced that the PD sweats were causing this BO. I felt like
the "UN-SURE" guy in the commercial. I asked my wife and she
could not smell it. Nor could anybody else, including the
neurologist who said it must have been triggered by the Eldepryl.
But boy it sure smelled real to me! And then it stopped and has
never returned. And it was only this one type smell, never
anything else.

Good luck and welcome to "Network", lots of good people, lots of
good info.
              Stephen Holahan([log in to unmask])