Dear Participants,

Some months ago I wrote introducing myself as one whose mother, aged 80,
has PD.  Most of the time I simply read all of the postings, printing
several daily to forward to my parents.  However, in the last week my
mother and dad travelled from their home in Portland up to Seattle to
attend a program I mounted focusing on humanitarianism  at the elementary
school where I teach.  My mother showed up absolutely delighted as she
had just made the decision to get her ears pierced.  She conceded that my
father might very well have to put them in for her but she was literally
prancing, tremor and all.  My students and their parents reacted with
equal delight and much admired her newly adorned ears.  I was so proud of
her.  She was unapologetic about her tremor and simply basked in the
positive attention she was receiving.

I realize that this has little to do technically with Parkinson's but it
was such a cheery, life affirming decision for her to share with us.

Call it a sunshine moment, or something,
Judith Guion