Just figured I'd relay something I heard...  I recently called this number in
Maryland that gives references, although not necessarily endorsements, to
holistically oriented doctors, including some M.D.'s, N.D.'s (naturopaths),
environmentally-oriented doctors, etc.  The woman I spoke to told me of a
woman she had spoken with once whose husband had PD.  He had managed to
postpone the time until he needed to begin drug therapy for 15 years after his
first diagnosis by using vitamins, herbs, chelation therapy, and diet.  I'm
relaying this info, for what it's worth, because I found it inspiring to think
that the alternative ways which I'm personally also exploring will hopefully
delay the time until I need Sinemet.  I do rely on two drugs at the moment,
Eldepryl and Pramipexol (experimental), and since they both help control my
symptoms quite well, and more importantly, help delay the progression, I plan
to continue taking them, regardless of whatever alternative therapies I may
try.  Since I am still (relatively) young at 31, the thought of taking
multiple drugs for the (hopefully) next 50 years or so, worries me with
regards to long-term effects on other parts of my body.  Chelation therapy is
some sort detox type of therapy.  I'm not sure if it's herbal/vitamin based or
what exactly, but they supposedly used it alot successfully for people with
heart/arterial problems to help unclog their circulatory system.  I have one
book which has a  whole chapter on it, I forget the exact title, but it's a
paperback written by a Dr. Atkins in NYC, who has a radio show there and
practices complementary medicine, which is aimed at combining the best of both
traditional (western) and alternative therapies.  He claims to have had
success treating MS with chelation as well.  So, hope the info's useful.
Wendy Tebay