To: Pat

I can't promise you sleep with melatonin.  If it was fool proof, somebody
would complain anyway.  In a study performed on students at either Harvard or
MIT, melaetonin was used in a double blind, placebo controlled  experiment to
see if it helped students fall asleep faster.  I do not remember all the
details, but I recall something like the average time to fall asleep without
melatonin was around 26 minutes and with melatonin  it was around 5 minutes.

I was taking 10 mg of Elavil before bedtime.  This was causing problems as my
body was up and walking around but my mind was still in never-never land.  If
I tried 25 mg, I was lucky to remember seeing daylight.  This was terrible.
 With melatonin there is no morning after.  What normally happens is I will ta
ke Melatona (3 x  3mg) sit in a big chair to watch a little more TV.
 Something awakens me, and looking around I see it is 3:00 AM.  Like I say,
it works for me.

Regards,
Alan Bonander ([log in to unmask])