---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 1995 10:31:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: Rob Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
To: BITNET list server at UTORONTO <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Rob Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: new subscriber intro

My name is Rob Cunningham ,I've had pd for five yrs and am doing alright
so far. I am at stage one of PD and take all the usual medicines sinemet,
deprynyl, and permax.I also take two shots a day of Sygen, which is a
neuro trophic drug (GM-1).This Sygen is an experimental drug that is
provided as part of a study conducted by Dr. Jay Schneider Dept of
Neurology, at Hahnemann University in Philadelphia. The results have not been
dramatic, but there was and still is marked improvement in my symptoms,
mainly in my walking ability, my right-side face stiffness, right hand
dexterity. Part of the baseline tests and measurements was a video
taken of me that was compared to the final video and this showed the
physical improvement of my symptons. I was quite glad to participate
in the study and I continue to take the sygen. Presently there are
more studies being done at Hahnemann U. which are double- blind studies
I just wanted to share this info with the newsgroup and would be glad to
provide more details etc.

Rob Cunningham  [log in to unmask]