Hello,

My name is Graeme Dixon and I am a new member to the list as of yesterday.
My primary interst in belonging to the list is that I am a research
psychologist who has carried out research on Parkinsons disease in the past
and I am in the process of developing a follow up study .

My original research looked at the incidence of Parkinsons disease in my
immediate geographical area ( i.e. Dunedin and the surrounding environs) and
then assessed all cases for medications, stress of carer, incidence of
depression in the Parkinsons patient, levels of activity and a complete
medical review. If som sort of intervention was needed this was implemented
and then patient and carer were reassessed at a later date. Some of this has
been published, most of it waits to be published. I am now planning a
follow-up study to  find out what has happened to these people in the six
years since they were reviewed.

Although this is an area of interest my 'other' job involves woking as a
behavioural scientist at the School of Dentistry at the University of Otago!

Graeme

Graeme Dixon
Community Dental Health
PO Box 647