Regarding the surgical treatment of Parkinson's I would recomend that anyone
who is considering this approach should read the excellent pamphlet published
by the Parkinson's Foundation.  This gives a clear description of the four
types of surgery available with a balanced view and no "hype".  I have seen
nothing better.  It should be read by all doctors treating this condition as
well.  It is surprising and sad who have not seen this paper!  Patients will
be in a much better position to decide in favor of surgery after reading
this.

Trust this may be useful.

John