My father and I have just discovered this Parkinson list and are still
figuring out how it works.  My mother has Shy-Drager Syndrome.  We figure it
all started about seven years ago, but did not get a diagnosis for many
years.  Now she has difficulty swallowing and talking and keeping her eyes
open.  She has been keeping her spirits up and is a constant wonder to her
family.  We would like to hear from others with SDS and share experiences.
 My father would like to know if other men are talking care of their wives
and how they are dealing with it.  I am hoping that he can receive some
support as there is only one other person in the Northwest that we know of
that has this disorder.  We live in Spokane, Washington.  All for now. Mary
Russell