I recently posted information from an article in the Charlotte Observer
about research for a gene for PD in Charlotte.  I have since been
contacted by one of the neurologists working on this.  He has asked me to
post further information about the study to this list. I was expecting
something from him in writing before today as to what he wanted included,
but since I've not heard from him yet I will let you know what I learned
from our conversation.  (I'm sorry I don't have his name, but I assume he
was in touch with Linda Ingles who was the contact person for the
families interested in participating in the research.)

I was asked to let members of this list know that the research is in the
preparatory stages.  It is not underway as yet.

They are looking for persons who have PD and two living relatives with PD.
They have had a large number of telephone responses which they have
trouble handling and would like to hear from qualified respondents by mail.

I am not very comfortable relaying information that I don't have in
writing, but I'm heading for Florida's Withacoochee River for some
kayaking with the manatees and alligators over Easter vacation and didn't
want to leave this matter for another week since I was asked to post this
update last Friday.

Happy Easter...

Melony Winkelmann
Boone, NC